I enjoy baking, maybe I am not good at baking cakes but I good at baking cookies and I’m always looking for new recipes to try.
This recipe I’ve found on the FoodNanny blog. I have slightly modified it for my family. My kids are allergic to cow milk so I have to switch to plant milk. I also made them thinner and crunchier than FoodNanny did but if you like soft cookies you can make them thicker.
The cookies are easy to make and delicious.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup/220g granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup/113g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 cups/340g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup regular milk or plan milk
- In an electric mixer bowl, blend the sugar, butter, and egg. Add lemon extract and beat for 1 minute.
- The flour, baking powder, and salt mix in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients with the milk to the butter mixture, mixing well after each addition. Divide the dough in half, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400’F/204’C degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll half the dough. Dip a cookie cutter into flour, cut into the dough, and place the cookie on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with the other half of the dough. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes and cool on racks.
FoodNanny also shares an icing recipe for the cookies, on her blog but my kids don’t like icing.
If you interesting in it go to the FoodNanny blog.
Have fun making cookies and let me know how you like them.