1. The views…..and driving through it (no traffic). Just enjoying the peace and quiet which you can not find driving through busy city streets (high-stress level). Cities are so loud and noisy sometimes that is hard to hear your own thoughts (anxiety); Nothing smooths our nerves more than a beautiful landscape, it boost our wellbeing.
4. Everyone knows everyone. People know their neighbors and feel safer than in the city. Crime is much lower in country areas than in the city. You won’t need to worry so much about your loved ones and your property.
5. You have your own house with a yard! This is huge when you want to have kids, animals, and all that jazz! They can run and play outside, chase fireflies, sled, build a snowman, ride a bike, and much more.
6. You can wear sweats and no make-up all day, every day, everywhere, and no one will even notice!!! This is something I love about living in the countryside. It’s great not to feel pressured that you always have to look perfect and ready to go.
7. Bonfires and picnics season all the time. A lot of activities that you can do all year long, and which are free, and available. Which also means more exercise and therefore better health.
8. Living in the countryside can help you save money. You may have some space to grow your own food and gardening can become your new hobby, and as you probably already know, working in the garden relieve stress and improves mental wellbeing; it’s like free therapy.
Life in the countryside is a dream for an introvert! Believe me, I am one, and I live in the country!